Thursday 3 March 2011

Fourth Anniversary

Just a brief note to mark (tomorrow) the fourth anniversary of Another Old Movie Blog. Thank you for reading, and for commenting.

What amazes me about the past four years of blogging on old movies is not how many films we’ve discussed, but how many films, and actors and actresses I have either given only slight mention to, or have yet to mention at all. There are always films I mean to get to and haven’t, and it is, I suppose, some comfort that I’ll never run out of topics. I know I’ll never get tired of it.

The community of classic film bloggers is an especially enriching association of which I was ignorant when I began blogging. I’ve learned so much from reading other old movie blogs. I find myself these days, when watching a film, wondering what the other bloggers would think about it.

Thanks for having the patience to endure what I think about it.